Now Enrolling for the 2020 Spring Session
Free Orientation Session: Monday April 13, 7:15 PM
9 Week Program begins:
Monday April 20, 7:15 – 9:30 PM EST
All Day Retreat:
Saturday May 30, 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM EST
What is an MBSR class all about??
MBSR is an 8-week educational program that uses mindfulness and meditation as a foundation for feeling better.
You will explore practices that teach you to focus attention on your body, your senses, your emotions and your mind, promoting self-awareness and self-care. You will learn to spend more time in the present moment, where happiness can be found.
Is it possible to find some peace in the middle of the insanity?
So, your life is crazy. You’re running as fast you can, trying to manage everything and take care of those around you. And you’re worried about whether everyone’s going to be OK. You have a lot on your plate. And you know living this way isn’t good for you.
You’ve tried spending more time at the gym. You walk the dog. You’ve talked to your counselor and wondered if meds would help. When evening rolls around you can forget about it all in front of the TV, but next morning that feeling is still there. You only get temporary relief.
None of these things work for long because they don’t transform how you experience your life. They only temporarily cover over the feelings. They don’t help you deal with things as they happen in the moment.
There are two things that will help you find some moments of peace and serenity:
- Developing skills that help you stay in the here and now
- Learning how to bring these skills into your life so you can really experience the present moment with awareness, kindness and curiosity.
- 1 free orientation session with a taste of mindfulness and information about what classes are like
- A personal interview with the teacher before the program starts
- 8 online classes that meet for 2 1/4 hours each week using Zoom
- 1 mini-retreat session that is held for 6 hours on a weekend day.
- Instruction in different forms of meditation, gentle yoga and body awareness.
- Group dialog to review meditation experiences and practice mindful interaction.
- A personal home copy manual with weekly exercises
- Structured home practice with guided recordings that will help you make mindfulness your own.
When is it?
Free Orientation Monday April 13 at 7:15 PM EST
8 Classes, Monday April 20 – June 8, 7:15 PM EST
All Day Retreat, Saturday May 20, 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM EST
Where is it?
The Spring 2020 Class will be held online!
What does it cost?
- Orientation session – Free
- 8 Classes + Retreat – $425
- Refer a friend or family member and get 10% off for yourself if they sign up!
- Sliding scale tuition available, please contact me. I want to make this available to all.
Ready to Jump in?
Continuing Education Credits Available for Mental Health Professionals and Nurses from International Seminar Groups
What’s the cancellation policy?
- Full refund when notification is received at least 1 day before the Class 1 start date
- Once classes begin refunds are not available except in the case of severe illness. Payment received can be applied to a future course